Saturday, May 21, 2011

My little ponies!

Every birthday between ages 5-12ish I wished for a pony, I dropped subtle hints and since we had a pretty good sized yard I was pretty sure this was totally possible. The birthday pony daydream scenario closely resembled the Christmas Lexus commercials, adorable pony in the backyard sporting a giant red ribbon! Sadly I grew up pony-less but these days a few times a year I visit my Mom in Maryland and spend a few afternoons wistfully pony spotting/drawing at Assateague Island. Here are some of the pony-licious residents of Assateague!





Assateague is somehow extra pretty in crappy weather.


Ultra pregnant pony, it looked like she swallowed a barrel... poor thing


A young she-pony taking a nap in the dunes!


Here she is again the next day munching her way down the road!

2 comments: